- How do I Know if I am eligible to write JAMB?
Candidates are advised to check their eligibility for chosen programmes and institutions on JAMB Portal (eligibility.jamb.gov.ng/checker). It is important that candidates check the requirements before commencing the application process. The eligibility checker assists candidates with options of programmes (courses) based on their qualifications and JAMB Online brochure will assist you in making proper choices (https://jamb.gov.ng/ibass).
Do I Need an Email Address Before Registering for JAMB?
Get Ready an E-mail Account: The first basic step to start with is to create/or get ready a valid email address. JAMB recommends Gmail for quick delivery and alternatively Yahoo mail. This is to enable you send or receive information from Jamb on the examination.
Is NIN Compulsory for JAMB Registration?
Get your NIN: It is now compulsory that you get your National Identification Number before you proceed to register for UTME/DE.
How Do I Create JAMB Profile?
Create your Jamb Profile: Proceed to portal.jamb.gov.ng/Efacility and click on the ‘Sign up for UTME/DE’ button to create your Jamb profile. It is compulsory to register your Jamb profile before you carry out post exam services. You will need it for checking admission status, printing of admission letter, etc.
Where Can I Register My JAMB?
Visit Accredited CBT Centre: Proceed to any accredited CBT centres with your personal details, Jamb profile and e-PIN or Code to complete your registration. Visit JAMB website (https://jamb.gov.ng/) for a list of the accredited CBT Centres.
Where Can I Buy JAMB ePIN For Registration?
Jamb e-PIN Selling Points
Candidates can approach or use any of the underlisted selling points to puchase their e-Pin.
• NIPOST: Check with post offices nationwide
• Participating Commercial Banks: (ACCESS, ECOBANK, FIRSTBANK, FCMB, FIDELITY, JAIZ, SKYE, STERLING, UNION, UNITY and ZENITH)
• Mobile Money Operators: Paga, e-Tranzact (PocketMoni), TEASYPay and Packway Projects (Readycash)
• Participating Micro Finance Banks: FUD MFB (Dutse) and Regent MFB (Abuja)
• Online Payment Platforms: SystemSpecs (Remita) and InterSwitch (Quickteller) POS (Citi-Serve)
• ATMs: Use the ATMs of banks listed above (InterSwitch)
• USSD: (NIBSS & ERCAS) for mobile banking
• Embassy: Nigerian Embassies in Abidjan, Accra, Addis Ababa, Buea, Cotonou, Jeddah, Johannesburg and London
JAMB 2021 Registration Guideline
- The first thing to do is to create a JAMB profile. You will create a profile by sending your full name (Surname, First Name, and Middle Name) as a text/SMS to 55019.
- Secondly, you will receive a profile code of ten characters through the SIM (phone) that you use to send a text to 55019.
- Then you will go to any JAMB ePIN centers and present your profile code at the point of purchasing the JAMB form.
- The form ePIN will be sent to you via text message on your cell phone.
- At this stage, the candidate should present the ePIN at any JAMB accredited CBT Centre for registration.
Note that the SIM on the cell phone used for registration is very important for other subsequent information that will be sent to you from JAMB and so ensure you keep it safe.
Can I Correct a Mistake in Name after Getting the Profile Code?
To correct a mistake in the candidate’s name, send the [CORRECT Surname First-Name Middle-Name] to 55019 as a text message from the same mobile number. This must be done before registration. After Registration wrong name can be corrected using Data Correction Services, it will cost you a payment of N2,500 on JAMB CAPs and its subject to approval or disapproval by JAMB
How can I Retrieve a Lost Profile Code?
To retrieve a lost Profile Code, send [RESEND] to 55019 as a text message from the same mobile number.
How to Reset Lost or Forgotten Password?
Candidate can reset lost or forgotten Password of their Profile by using their registered cell phone to send [password] space [email address] to 55019 as a text message from the same mobile number.
What are Requirements for a Direct Entry Registration?
- A minimum of an O’Level credit pass in five (5) SSCE subjects at not more than two sittings including English Language. You can purchase a WAEC Result Checker, NECO Result Token, and NABTEB Result Checker from our website https://triplegltd.com/ in order to confirm the grades of your subjects.
- Two passes (in prescribed subjects for each course of study) at the Advanced-Level Examination of IJMB, Cambridge, JUPEB or Institute of Baccalaureate with SSCE/GCE, NTS/NBC credits equivalents in three other subjects
- Passes in two major subjects in the NCE with S.S.C.E., NTC/NBC credits, or equivalents in THREE other subjects (mainly for Education Courses) and ND.
- Minimum of lower credit grade in National Diploma or National Innovation Diploma and the O’Level requirements
More information about the requirements is contained in the eBrochure which would be given to each Candidate at the JAMB accredited CBT centers and State-Offices. Also, you can download it from the Google Play Store! on your Android Mobile App (JAMB IBASS), and is availableat https://www.jamb.gov.ng.
How To Recover Lost ePIN After Payment
If ePIN is not Received or Lost, send [UTMEPIN] or [DEPIN] to 55019 for UTME or DE respectively from the unique number. The ePIN would then be retrieved and delivered on the candidate’s unique phone number.
i. Candidates with biometric challenges can only register at JAMB headquarters in Abuja.
ii. No other CBT centre is allowed to register such candidates
iii. They will also sit for their JAMB 2021 examination at JAMB headquarters in Abuja
iv. No candidate will be permitted to sit the examination if his/her biometrics is not verified.
v. The Board will not permit or process any examination without biometric verification
vi. Candidates with biometric abnormality can only register and take examination at the JAMB Headquaters, Bwari Abuja. The Board will facilitate the travels of the candidates.
General Entry Requirements for UTME Candidates
The general entry requirements for admission into the First Degree, National Diploma (ND), National Innovation Diploma (NID) and Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) programmes are five (5) O’Level Credit passes including English Language. You can purchase a WAEC Result Checker, NECO Result Token, and NABTEB Result Checker from our website https://triplegltd.com/ in order to confirm the grades of your subjects.
Details are available in the online JAMB Brochure which would be given to each Candidate at the JAMB accredited CBT centres and JAMB State Ofﬁces. It is also available for download at www.jamb.gov.ng and on Android Mobile App (JAMB IBASS) from the Google Play store.
Order of Choice of Institutions
Every candidate is to note that the 1st choice can be a College of Education, University, Innovation Enterprise Institution, Polytechnic/Monotechnic, Nigerian Defence Academy or the Police Academy.
How Much is JAMB Registration Fee?
For the 2021 UTME, candidates are required to pay Three Thousand Five Hundred (N3,500) Naira only as registration fee. Additional Five Hundred (N500) Naira only is paid to obtain the reading text “The Life Changer” by Khadija Abubakar Jali for UTME candidates and for DE candidates. Seven Hundred Naira (N700) is regulated and charged for CBT Centre service charge and $20 is the application fee for candidates from the eight foreign centres.
Optional JAMB Mock Examination
Non-JAMB CBT Centres are allowed to collect, through their bank accounts, a separate Seven Hundred Naira (₦700) only, for mock exercise from only interested candidate(s) after notification of centre has been received by the candidate(s). The payment for mock examination by the candidate shall be made to the centre to which the candidate is assigned after the notification of assigned centres for the mock examination. No Association or body is permitted to run any mock examination on behalf of JAMB.
DO NOT PAY FOR MOCK UNTIL JAMB ASSIGNS YOU TO A CBT CENTRE. NO ONE SHOULD PATRONISE FRAUDSTERS. ONLY JAMB ACCREDITED CBT CENTRES CAN SERVE AS EXAMINATION CENTRES
All JAMB Apllicants are expected to upload their Olevel to JAMB CAPs through an approved CBT. We have arranged with some of these CBTs so that students can send them their Olevel through our websites triplegltd.com and myexampin.com. Some of the details you required to eneter are; your Olevel exam number, exam year, subjects and grades and an attachment of the Olevel.
Higher institutions may not process your admissions if you did not upload your olevel result on JAMB CAPs.
How will I confirm if my OLevel have been uploaded by the CBT
You can confirm your olevel status on CAPs using the following process.
- Log-in (https://jamb.gov.ng/Efacility) using your Email Address and Password. Read How to Add Email Address to my 2021 JAMB Profile.
- Click on ‘Check Admission Status,
- Click on ‘Access my CAPS’
- Click on ‘My O’level result to confirm if your O’level is uploaded.
Using phone will not give you all the olevel details, so it’s advisable to use computer to access your CAPs.
NOTE: You need to register and login on our site before you can upload your olevel to jamb through our site.
How to Add email to JAMB Profile for 2021
The Joint Admission Matriculation Board (JAMB) has commenced the updating of 2021 JAMB profile with introduction of an email. The procedure for linking the Email to jamb profile will be as follows.
Using the candidate registered number.
1. Send Email then space your Fresh Email (2times) Kindly affix the space in between and send to 55019.
E.g: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Make sure the email is valid and accessable also ensure you type it correctly
Then send to 55019
A fee of #50 will be deducted.
A message will be sent to your Email stating that “The email has successfully updated” and the password will be sent to the registered Email.
Candidate can then proceed to login to JAMB CAPS 2021 official portal with the registered Email and password will be sent to the Mailbox.
Jamb Data Correction – Jamb Change of Course and Institution
This is an exercise that allows all UTME and DE applicants the opportunity to correct some data/mistakes they feel is wrong and/or inconsistent through the JAMB Data Correction system.
Some of the mistakes might come from typographical errors like misspelling while others could be a wrong presentation, mismatch, or inconsistent information/data.
JAMB has directed candidate to pay a correction fee of Two Thousand, Five Hundred Naira (₦2,500) only for each correction they wish to make.
That means that each correct attracts the fee of Two Thousand, Five Hundred Naira (₦2,500) only. So candidates who wish to correct multiple mistakes will have to pay to correct each of their mistakes.
How to Do Data Correction?
1. Login to JAMB correction portal at http://www.jamb.gov.ng/efacility/.
2. Login using your JAMB profile Email and Password.
3. Select “UTME Data Correction” if you applied as a UTME candidate
4. Else, select “DE Data Correction” if you are a direct entry candidate.
5. Finally, click on the “payment button” to proceed and make your payment.
6. After the payment, you will be given the access to correct the data you paid in a CBT Center.
What are the Data that I can Correct?
You can correct the following data:
1. Gender Correction
2. State/LGA Correction
3. Choice of Institution/Course Correction
4. Names Correction
5. Date of Birth
Is the Fee Refundable After Payment?
Please note that this fee is non-refundable and one payment is valid for one correct at a time. So be careful about what you do to avoid multiple mistakes which will cost you to pay more than expected.